May's World

Friday, May 06, 2005

His power is perfect

Well yesterday was a great day. I have not laughed so hard in a long time. As weekly dinner came about, so did many fun jokes, pranks, and laughs. Laura, Gord, Greg and myself had some good times, and I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to fellowship and just hang out with those I love.

Good news, we went to Mitchell's, and all of us made a purchase or two. I picked up the book I want by John Ortberg- Everybody's Normal Until you get to know them..I am very excited to read it, but i decided last night to continue on with Intercessory Prayer, as that has been an amazing inspiration to me, as well full of extensive wisdom.

During spare JL, Crystal and myself had the chance to just sit outside at the picnic tables and have some deep conversations. We had the chance to offer one another little bits of encouragement and advice which is always welcomed. Its such a blessing to be able to just sit and discuss the Lords word with one another and spur each other on in our walks with God.

Devo was good last night. The words to the songs we sing are just so powerful. It is my prayer that as all of us participate in singing, our hearts are filled with the Spirit and ourselves are humbled to God our Father.

I find it is so important to be able to show God's love in all we do. So easily we can be tainted and persuaded into Satan's ways. He's always there trying to devour and master over us. So easily we fall into ways unpleasing to the Lord. I pray that as we are all a part of the church, as we are all one body, as we are all brother and sisters through Him who sacrificed His life for us, that no matter the situation we are there to hold each other accountable. We are there to speak up and represent God. We are the enforcers of Jesus' victory. As much as that is easier said than done we know that the Lord works for the good of those who love Him (Romans 8:28), and even though we will face troubles, we can take heart because He has overcome the world(John 16:33). The words of 2 Corinthians 12:9 (But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me) is such a truly powerful verse...His power is perfect when we are weak...we can always lean on Him. When we are weary and burdened we can come to Him and He will give us rest (Matthew 11:28). Thanks be to God for the times when we are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed (2 Corinthians 4:8-9). Thanks be to God that the trying times teach us so much, and that through the trying times we can only see one set of footprints because through those times He is carrying us (thought from footprints the poem).
These words are just an encouragement to think about. Whenever you are down, or feeling lost, think of these verses, think of 1 Cor 10:13-God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

Whenever you need someone to lean on, you can come to me, and I will offer to God prayers on your behalf. My prayers brothers and sisters is that we can unite, be one, and hold each other accountable, not just now while we are here at school together, but no matter where we are, or when it is.
Lord, please hear the words my heart is speaking...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home