May's World

Friday, April 29, 2005

all over the place


So yesterday ended up being great. After walking to school in the pouring rain and believing that my birthday was going to go horrible, it turned out really well. This whole week has been. Three of the four days here I have gone out for dinner. Gord, Maxwell and I hit up East Sides on Wednesday night, and that was so much fun. Yesterday for my birthday myself and 13 other girls went over to Neighborhood for a big birthday dinner. I had a great time. It helped me once again realize how thankful I am for all my friendships here at Great Lakes and I am so thankful for the girls support in my life.
Tonight I get to go to Greg and Jen's stag and doe. I am excited for that, hopefully it will be fun!
Anyways more exciting news I have made some new contacts. Bob had a girl email me from Guatemala concerning the trip there and it was nice just to make a connection with someone further away. She gave lots of advice and insights into how she felt about Guatemala and her missions there. I am so excited for Guatemala. I think it will be one of the best things I will ever encounter and talk about life transforming. I just need to work hard at saving and living and i know that January will come soon enough.

As well flipping through blogs has proven me something interesting. I have been able to the past few days to read and post on another guys (name is Scott)'s blog. That has been really encouraging, as in my last post I was talking about our blogs being able to plant seeds in peoples minds. Well this guy is another Christian and I really enjoy meeting other brother and sisters in Christ who I do not live near.
Monday is my interview for L'arche. Oddly enough Mr Boden brought up L'arche in class today, whereas most people have never even heard about it. I am looking forward to my interview. I think that someone with my personality could benefit from working there. But more, I think that i will be able to learn more amazing life lessons that God has presented in the world.
Isn't it amazing the way opportunities are always surrounding us. I am so thankful to God that whenever we feel like we are being tempted that we can look into Gods word and see that He will not tempt us beyond what we can bear, and that He will always provide a way out for us. Anyways....this entry is kind of giddy like...but oh well.
I pray that everyone is doing well... and each day is presenting you with opportunities to glorify God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home