May's World

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Random thoughts

Well here I am once again, ready to type.
Its lunch time here at GL, and the day has been fairly good. Debrah didn't come to school today, as to why i am not sure.
I have a head ache...don't i always, however i think todays is a result of the tight cornrows that are in my hair.
So I am reading through my favorite book of the bible (Ecclesiastes)...again. This is my first time reading it through my NASB translation. So its exciting, because I get to highlight all my favorite verses all over again. It's awesome though because the whole book is telling you that a life without serving God is purposeless, and it's so true, especially Ecc 3:11 "He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end". Although God's creation of earth is so big, it's too small to satisfy man, because man's hearts are set for eternity even though they themselves can not understand it. We truly are such a divine creation.
I think its great that we don't have the answers to everything. I mean sure it is so frustrating during the times we thirst for an answer and can't figure it out. You see in my mind, I dont think we ever can find a true answer to any questions we have, rather we find a satisfactory medium and move on to the next questions we deal with. I take this interpretation from Ecclesiastes as well. The thing is, we have been provided with all the answers we need to live life here on this earth, in the word of God. It's so amazing that we do not know the answers to all things. I think it is a lesson in humility, as we are able to humble ourselves, and give God the praise to His extensive wisdom over everything.
I don't know if this makes much sense...just some thoughts flowing around in my head.
However I will leave you with this for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home