May's World

Monday, January 09, 2006

Gorgeous Guatemala

Hey there friends!!
Wow, today was such a beautiful day. The weather here has been hot and sunny, and y'all know how much I dig that. Today of course in my free time i was tanning! wahoo..one of these days im sure i will get darker.
Anyways, I am having an amazing time here. I live in a valley of volcanos, its hot, and i have an orange and lemon tree right beside my cabin. I cant believe how gorgeous it is. Im amazed everyday.
Things are going well. I have been settling in a lot more. Antigua is feeling like home, and the chicken bus, has become such a fun experience. Let me tell you about the chicken bus.
Its basically a school bus, however its their "city transit". They are all painted colorful and they blare loud spanish music. What else...ha they SHOVE as many people as they possibly can. I mean nooooo room, your butt is touching someone, people are sitting on each others laps. People are hooked on the side, people are running after it lol..Its hilarious. Today was super fun, as we had to stand up lol..crazy guatemalans.
I dont feel so much like a tourist anymore, and I am getting accustomed to not putting toilet paper down the toilet, or using the water around here. Today was our first day of spanish school, we are goign to an academy for this week and we have our own personal tutors..ha im learning, and its amazing. Anyways i know this is shorrt too...but Im actually going to go study with my friend Kim..pictures will sometime soon be on their way. Love yahs!
Keep praying for our team, that we can unify with one another and do works of the Lord.
Amanda

2 Comments:

  • Hi Amanda,

    Just wanted you to know that I blogged on. I really enjoyed it. Much better than email. Anyway, sent me a quick note to let me know what lol means, I haven't got a clue what you said.
    Corey

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:59 AM  

  • Pumps,
    Glad to know you are doing better! Im praying for you as always and I know you will do amazing things over there! Be nice to the chickens! :P
    Love Kins

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home